Sas from (Not That) Kawaii nominated me for a Liebster Award!
But wait, you’re probably wondering, what’s a Liebster Award? I like this explanation given by Tokyolo:
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster award is given to up and coming blogs, by fellow bloggers to get recognised and build a (even) bigger audience. Liebster is German for favorite. So in English, this translates to the Favorite Blog Awards! (- Tokyolo)
So, thank you, Sas! (And make sure you go check out her blog!)
The rules for the Liebster Award nomination are simple:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, without further ado, here are my answers to the 11 questions asked by Sas!
1. What are three requirements for having a perfect day?
1) Sleeping in.
2) A fantastic breakfast.
3) Wearing a great outfit & having a good hair day!
2. Who is currently your favorite music artist?
I may or may not have an
unhealthy obsession with Arashi… Teehee. :)
3. What is your favorite book?
My favourite book of all-time is Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice. I re-read it at least once a year – I adore it!
My favourite book series, on the other hand, is J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter because, well, it’s Harry Potter!
4. Manga or Anime?
Anime! Manga is great, too; the art is wonderful, but I’ve never been one for comic books (and the original Japanese voice actors are gods and goddesses). ^_^
5. What would your ideal job be regardless of income or education required?
I don’t have a specific job in mind, but I’d love to have a job that let me travel all over the world (but only for a few weeks at a time – I don’t think I want to spend this long away from Newfoundland ever again!).
6. If you could live in any fictional work (whether it be a movie, book, anime, etc.) where would you live?
I’d love to live in the post-Voldemort Harry Potter universe. Magic? Quidditch?! Yes, please!
7. What is your all-time most & least favorite anime?
Despite living in Japan, I actually haven’t watched that many anime. Most of the anime that I’ve watched (Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, Cardcaptor Sakura), I actually watched in Canada. Sailor Moon will always have a special place in my heart because that was the first anime I ever watched and loved (although I didn’t realize what anime was at the time – I was only five years old!). Even re-watching it now, I still love it… So, let’s say Sailor Moon!
As for my least favourite anime… Maybe Witch Hunter Robin? I watched it way back when it was on YTV in Canada, but I never fell in love with it like I did with the others. It was too dark for me.
8. How do you hope to make an impact on this world?
Wow. I don’t know… I think it would be cool to be an inspiration to someone, to be the reason why someone does something (like decides to travel or work abroad, or starts learning dance). But, in general, I guess I just want to help my friends, students, and family achieve their dreams in any way that I can.
9. Which topic can always start a good debate for you?
I don’t like debating. Haha. However, bring up Newfoundland or Canada and I can talk the ear off you about how wonderful my home is!
10. What food describes your personality the best and why?
I had no idea how to answer this question, so I did a BuzzFeed quiz and it thinks I’m sushi. I did a double take at first (really? Sushi?!), but now it kind of makes sense. Sushi is simple, but it can be dressed up, too. Either way, it’s good! Plus, sushi has become a fusion food in the West, and I think that this last year in Japan has made me into a fusion-person – yeah, I just made that up! – who’s mostly Western, but with a little bit of Japanese in there, too. Okay, maybe BuzzFeed was right after all – I’ll go with sushi!
11. What superpower would you like to have for a week?
I would loveeee to be able to fly! How cool would it be to soar above the mountains and rice fields of Akita? Or even to fly all the way home to Newfoundland… :)
Now it’s my turn! I’d like to nominate the following 11 blogs*:
1. Travels in日本
2. Memoirs of a Gaijin
4. Japan 2013: Life to the Lees
6. チプ in Japan
7. Chiba Sunrise
9. Willow Bends, It Doesn’t Break
10. Kin Kairu
11. A Jodi Abroad
And finally, here are my 11 questions I’d like you guys to answer:
1. If you could go anywhere in the world (imagine that money and time are no issue), where would you go and why?
2. What languages can you speak and what language(s) would you like to learn next, if any?
3. What’s your favourite colour?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What is your ideal way to spend a Friday night?
6. Spring, summer, fall, or winter?
7. What’s one of your long-term goals that you’re working towards right now?
8. Which day of the week is your favourite and why?
9. Cats or dogs?
10. What’s your favourite movie?
11. Where is “home” to you?
*Of course, taking part in the Liebster Award is voluntary and completely up to you – I won’t take it personally if you choose not to participate! :)
Even if I didn’t nominate you (it was hard to choose only 11!), I’d still love to hear your answers! You can answer them directly in the Comments below, or even answer them on your own blog and share the link with all of us! :)